01 November 2008

Halloween 2008

We were invited to a Halloween party by our friends Rob and Nikki - so of course we had to come up with something to wear. It's always been difficult for us to come up with good costumes, but after some last minute scrambling we think we came up with two ideas that we could do with materials on-hand and that were better than the default "sleep deprived parents". Corinne had the idea for me to go as Joe Six-Pack and she would be a Hockey Mom, but we couldn't pull together any hockey gear. In the end Corinne was a head of lettuce, complete with real lettuce leaves on her head. Sorry, Rocket - no costumes for you until you can control the movements of your own arms.

My Joe Six-Pack costume required a six pack of beer (obviously), which is something we don't usually have on hand but is easy to pick up on the way to the party. When we stopped at the local convenience store to find some cheap beer, I saw something that I'd never seen before: cans of "Budweiser + Clamato". Sounds pretty horrible to me, but I guess I don't drink Budweiser by itself, so I'm probably not the target audience. We didn't buy any.

The party was great fun, and it gave us an opportunity to hang out with a few of our friends who have babies of similar age: Rob, Nikki and their son Bridger, who is 3 months older than Rocket; and Jamie, Andy and their daughter Lauren, only 2 weeks ahead of ours. At several points during the night, the couch was dedicated to nursing. Apparently all of the mothers agreed that nursing is much more fun in a group.

We stayed for a few hours, but we didn't want to push our luck. Soon after the pie eating contest was over (hence, my face), we packed up the car and headed back home.

- Mike, Corinne, and Anders Rocket

1 comment:

  1. Budweister + Clamato --- That's funny. I actually bought some last Saturday to have during a golf game. I enjoyed about three sips... and then threw it out. Then... time went by and I thought that maybe it might be good now. I opened up a can and repeated my first experience. Weird drink.

    Loren

    ReplyDelete