04 August 2006

Dog Sitting

Our friends Ryan and Jenny went on vacation recently, and they asked us to take care of their dog Charlie for part of the time they were away. Corinne has always had a soft spot for Charlie; on "dog Fridays" at work, Charlie is one of her favorites. A border collie & blue healer mix, Charlie is cute, fun and full of energy.

We didn't realize how much energy he had - and how limitless it was - until we had him for the weekend. I recall one instance in particular when we sat on the couch and tried to watch TiVo, while Charlie ran as fast as he could around the couch. And around. And around.


Playing Tug-of-War. This was probably his favorite game. We basically played this game until I got tired; I'm sure Charlie could have kept going for some time.


The softer side of Charlie.

Charlie reminded us of my old (now deceased) family dog, Sam. I think Sam was a bit more mellow than Charlie is; or maybe it's just that the difference in energy between me and the dog when I was 15 is a little different than it is now. I still like to think it's just the dog.

Old photo of Sam, the family dog.

- Mike (& Corinne)

No comments:

Post a Comment