20 March 2007

Presidential Foods

In spite of all of our forestry activities, we did take a few minutes to celebrate the fact that I've lived another year. Birthdays are nothing if not an excuse to eat whatever food you want. So now that I have celebrated my Presidential birthday, I give you a rundown of this year's celebratory foods:

  • Home-ground beef chuck hamburgers, with par-cooked bacon ground into the meat, grilled over charcoal. (Leif gets the credit for the bacon-in-the-meat idea)
  • Chocolate sunken "lava" cakes w/bitter orange ice cream
  • Chocolate chip cookies (simple but still the best!)
  • Baked, breaded lemon-caper chicken
  • Banana cake w/chocolate sour cream frosting

Corinne made all of the desserts, and they were all quite delicious. We also had a small gathering at The Logs where we played pool (I was beaten by a 9-year old!) and enjoyed all things fried. A good time was had by all.

- Mike (& Corinne)

No comments:

Post a Comment