10 January 2010

Kibbles -n- Bits

This morning when Anders woke up at 8am, I took him downstairs so that Corinne could get a few hours of extra sleep (she let me sleep in yesterday). He's pretty self-entertaining at this time in the morning, so he sat down at his toys to play and I sat down at the computer. We'd been downstairs in the Great Room for probably about 45 minutes when I noticed that Anders wasn't in the room anymore. I couldn't hear him, so I got up and started towards the kitchen to see where he'd gone.

As I looked down the hallway into the kitchen, I saw Anders sitting on the floor with what at first appeared to be a circle of Cheerios surrounding him. He often has his "snack cup" filled with Cheerios1 with him, so I figured that he had just put a bunch on the floor and was eating them from there. But then they looked too big to be Cheerios...

Then I realized that is where I had put Max's food dish.

Sure enough, as I walked up I discovered pieces of dry cat food all around him. And they weren't actually dry anymore. Some kibble was in his hands, and his shirt had streams of cat-food-infused drool running down the front. And his breath smelled like cat food.

He didn't put up much of a fight when I took the food away and wiped off his hands, face, and shirt. And the pineapple that he had for a morning snack covered up any residual odor of "chicken and liver flavor".



The next time this happens, I'll make sure that I reach for the camera before taking the food away.

- Mike, Corinne, and Anders "Ralph Wiggum" Rocket

1It's not actually Cheerios, but rather one of a collection of organic, whole grain look-alikes. But he doesn't know the difference. They all taste better than cat food.

1 comment:

  1. "And his breath smelled like cat food."
    This is the only circumstance where you would be able to say that about someone other than a cat. Parenthood is grand.
    The photo is nice because it's sort of lit like a police evidence photo. ;)
    I love it when parents share like this -- the small ironies of our "new" life post-kids. Anders remains a cutie.

    ReplyDelete