27 May 2005

Do they eat sausage in Denver?

For Memorial Day weekend, Corinne took a trip to Denver to visit her aunt, uncle, cousins, but primarily her grandmother, who was recovering from a stroke. Her mom was also there, visiting from Seattle.


The Denver branch of the Massman clan.

While Corinne was in Denver visiting family, I stayed home to finally make sausage! As it turned out, I should have made twice as much as I did; the 4 pounds of Italian sausage I did make was gone within the week, including half that very same night at a BBQ at Andrew and Amy's, friends of ours from work.


Boy, doesn't that look appetizing? In case you were wondering, I bought the sausage casings from Whole Foods in Portland; I ground the meat (beef+pork) myself using the meat grinder attachment for our KitchenAid mixer; this particular sausage spice mix came from Penzey's; then stuffed the sausage using the sausage stuffer attachment.

- Mike (& Corinne)

1 comment:

  1. And to think I ATE some of those... EEEK!

    ReplyDelete